Friday, September 30, 2011

James Robinson to Pitt:


This came as quite a shock to me.  I had a source that was very confident in our position, and once collaborated by the “insiders” at more than one of the fan sites, I admit I was expecting the Pitt visit to never materialize.  A week or so before I truly felt we were on the verge of a commitment.  But such is life in recruiting.  I think James is actually a great fit for the style of basketball Jamie Dixon teaches, and who can blame the kid for choosing a team that seems to always be in the national championship conversation.  He has an outstanding chance to excel there.  Of course, you have to wonder if the delay in offering and hesitation to really put a full court press on James ended up hurting us in the end.  A lot of folks in the area seemed to be a little baffled as to what exactly was holding Bennett back there for a while, especially considering our PG situation.  We will never really know the thought process of the staff, but one thing is certain, delay or not we still ended up the team to beat in his recruitment, and in the end I think that’s all that happened.  We got beat.  Kudos to Pittsburgh.  Who knew he would end his career as a conference foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment