Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grant staying with OSU, forget the below post. Boo.

My source spoke directly with Curtis on Saturday and he confirmed that he will be staying with OSU despite any NCAA sanctions.

Apparently on Monday and Tuesday of last week Grant's camp did aggressively pursue their options, including learning of any restrictions they would put on a release from his LOI.  He reviewed the situation with mentors and family and by the weekend had decided that his heart was still with Ohio State and Coach Fickell.

My source says he was "genuinely surprised" considering the tone of things early in the week, and was confident that he very well could have switched to Virginia "had things come to light sooner and Curtis not had a foot out the door".

I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up, I hope this doesn't put me on the bad source list.  Trust me, if you knew who the source was, you would take any information as good information as I did, and ultimately what he did confirm for me was essentially true.  Better reporting on my part would have been to leave out the opinion part... but oh well.  Hard to do when someone that close to it says "I think he'll end up at Virginia".  I had a really hard time believing it anyways after knowing how much he loved OSU originally and reading those quotes after the Tresell removal, but the info just seemed to trustworthy not to report.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment